Are You at Risk for Sleep Apnea?
Take the test to find out.
How likely are you to doze off or fall asleep in the following situations, in contrast to feeling just tired? This refers to your usual way of life in recent times. Even if you have not done some of these things recently try to work out how they would have affected you. Use the following scale to choose the most appropriate number for each situation:
- 0 = would never doze
- 1 = slight chance of dozing
- 2 = moderate chance of dozing
- 3 = high chance of dozing
|SITUATION||CHANCE OF DOZING (0-3)|
|Sitting and reading|
|Sitting inactive in a public place (theater or meeting)|
|As a passenger in a car for an hour without a break|
|Lying down to rest in the afternoon when circumstances permit|
|Sitting and talking to someone|
|Sitting quietly after lunch without alcohol|
|In a car, while stopped for a few minutes in traffic|
- 1-6 | Congratulations, you are getting enough sleep!
- 7-8 | Your score is average
- 9+ | Very sleepy and should seek medical advice