COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Screening Form/update HH & medications- reviewed with you over the phone when scheduling appt. If there are no concerns, your appt will be confirmed. Our entire team is also screened daily, including a temperature check, to ensure we are all in good health to care for our patients.
- Patient checks in- We are staggering some appointments by half an hour to decrease number of patients checking in and out at the same time. We are also adding 30 minutes to all appointments to allow our team time to put on and remove PPE properly, disinfect the rooms, and to ensure we stay on time to manage our patient flow. If you arrive without wearing a mask, a mask will be given to you to put on.
- Once you are checked in the clinical team will be ready to escort you back to the operatory (decrease number of patients in the reception area). Clinical team will have their mask on as well.
- Once you are in the clinical area, you will rinse with Colgate Peroxyl for 1 minute (helps alleviate a significant portion of bacteria/viruses) and you will wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap.
- You will then put your mask back on and get seated in the chair.
- Your temperature will be taken- reading above 100.4 F is considered a fever. We will review the questions on the screening questionnaire and confirm there are no changes with you.
- We proceed with your treatment if you passed the screening questions and no fever or symptoms are present.
DIAGNOSIS / TREATMENT
- Our team will have the proper PPE on which includes FDA approved N95 masks, googles, face shield, and disposable gowns for many of the procedures.
- Instructions for home care will be reviewed and you will be instructed to put your mask back on so we can escort you to the front.
- We always thoroughly disinfect the entire operatory and have switched to a solution that is effective against bacteria and viruses (including Covid-19) after every appointment.
- We also have installed air purifiers in the clinical area for increased air circulation, turnover, and filtration.
- At check out our front team will also be wearing a mask when they sit down to collect your payment, review financial estimates, and schedule your next appointment.
*Sterile universal pre-caution has always been a top priority in our practice. Our infection control procedures are up to date and current with recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA). While many things may have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to the highest level of safety for our patients and our team!